Call Us: (770) 993-9395Request Appointment
Tips for Difficult Days
- Warm salt water rinses can be soothing to irritated cheeks and lips. You can do this several times a day.
- A cold milk shake or smoothie always feels good.
- Apply the wax provided by Dr. Healey to the hardware that is rubbing a sore spot on the gums or inside the lips.
- Eat soft foods such as Scrambled eggs, Pancakes, Mac Cheese, Meatloaf, Pasta dishes, Soups (not hot), soft salads such as Egg and Tuna salad, Rice, Couscous, Applesauce, soft fresh fruits such as bananas and pears, canned fruits such as mandarin oranges, pears and peaches, fruit cocktail, steamed or boiled veggies, mashed potatoes, jello, yogurt and puddings. YUM!
- Acetaminophen(Tylenol) is recommended over Motrin (Advil). Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (Advil) shut down per-cursor cells that allow the bone to develop and thus slows down tooth movement.
Surf the web for sites that can provide simple, braces friendly recipes, we suggest: www.metalmouthmedia.net